Welcome to The Toovey Times!

You have found my blog... Read with caution!

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

How Time Flies....

Here is some catching up since my last blog...which apparently was MONTHS ago...how did that happen? It must be my kids fault...:)


Well, we had a great trip to Utah at the end of May and beginning of June. We went before it was horrifically hot and loved almost every second of it. There is just something about a road trip that I LOVE...

This was our first stop on night one in Barstow, Ca...we stayed at a cute campground with archery, bike rentals and a nice little desert trail behing the campground. The kids had a great time here....


Patrick really loved the playground, they had an old train, a jail and plenty of swings and climbing structures.

Christian couldn't get to the archery range fast enough...he is pretty good, too!

Nicholas loved the bike rentals...he wants to rent one at every KOA we go to...

Our first Utah destination was Zion National Park
It really was breathtaking. The park itself is on the small side, which was really nice because we felt like we saw EVERYTHING we wanted to see before we had to go.

This is a picture of Zion Valley from one of our hikes.


This is what happens when you're carried around in a backpack for hours...


Now this is Bryce Canyon...beautiful....but did I mention I have a thing about heights?

Looks like a dangerous place to fall hundreds of feet....

But you can see that I did get near the edge...I'm not a complete phobic.

This was more my style...a nice hike to a cave and waterfall on a non-precipitous trail...



Ellianah could not get enough of this awesome water feature in St. George, Utah...I wish I had one in my backyard!


On our way to the other side of Utah we stopped at a cool fort...


And this was REALLY cool...one of our more grueling hikes because of the heat and the elevation...but what a pay off! This is the boys in front of the delicate arch in Arches National Park near Moab, UT.

Memories...

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful memories your kids will always cherish!

    ReplyDelete