Welcome to The Toovey Times!

You have found my blog... Read with caution!

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

So...it started with an ant invasion...we had to take everything out where the invasion was and spray like crazy. It was ugly. Thousands of ant carcasses littered the shelves and walls. I did NOT take pictures of that grizzly scene, I wouldn't want my children to have to relive that...SO, ANYWAY! My mother convinced me that I should re-orginize...(okay, let's face it-ORGANIZE), my pantry before I put everything back in. Here are the results...
These are a few shots of the before...





This is where the invasion was....

And these are the afters...


I really am amazed that I can actually find things now, and I know exactly what I have and can easily figure out what I need!

I purchased the big bins on top for my cups/lids, lunchboxes that rarely get used, etc. It looks so much neater than just piling it all up!







I used chalkboard paint on the shelf faces because I LOVE to label things...Randy thinks it's ridiculous to write canned veggies when you can SEE that they are canned veggies, but I couldn't help myself!









I already had most of my baking supplies in these airtight jars, but I bought some more and I LOVE them...




I also LOVE these new giant cereal keepers. They can fit a whole bag of the off brand cereals that I am now buying...






I bought three identical bins for my plastic spoons, forks, and knives that I use for entertaining sometimes. This is so much better than my costco boxes in various stages of decomposition.






I fell in love with this old fashioned candy jar. And I am determined that one giant jar of candy is MORE than enough for my family.

Now let's see how long we can keep it this way with a family of six...


















No comments:

Post a Comment